Should Invisalign Be Used on Teenagers To Correct Their Teeth?
Improved Smiles for Teens: Invisalign for Teenagers
Invisalign for teenagers is one of the latest inventions designed to replace conventional metal braces. With the use of Invisalign, the inconvenience and appearance of braces, which has been a major stigma among teenagers for generations, can finally be avoided.
The orthodontic aligners from Invisalign®Australia are completely transparent and seamless, so teenagers no longer have to worry about their appearance. Moreover, the product itself is much more convenient and comfortable due to the use of custom-made aligners that fit your teenager’s teeth perfectly.
What Is Invisalign for Teenagers and How Does It Work?
Invisalign teen is a product that, instead of using metal braces that come with all their uncomfortable restrictions, are designed based on sets of clear aligners made from a light, transparent material. These aligners correct crooked teeth with just as much efficiency as regular braces, except that you – and everyone around you – will hardly even notice you’re wearing them.
The sets of aligners used for the process are replaced once every two weeks, and a new custom-made set is added to gradually align your teeth into place. This high quality product can be used to correct both mild and severe cases of tooth alignment disorders, including overbite, underbite, overcrowding of teeth, or gaps between teeth.
The Pros and Cons of Invisalign
When compared to regular braces, using Invisalign for teenagers can be a refreshing change in many different ways.
Here are just a few reasons why you should consider Invisalign for teens:
• Invisalign aligners are made out of clear, smooth, and lightweight plastic that’s easy to wear. Teenagers no longer have to hide or shy away from social events for fear that they’d be ridiculed because of their braces.
• Wearers can reach their peak performance in musical or sporting events, unhindered by inconvenient metal braces.
• The aligners offer a customized fit, so they are far more comfortable than even the best types of braces for teens.
• Unlike regular braces, Invisalign does not entail restrictions with regards to chewing gum or eating certain kinds of foods like popcorn or apples.
There are also a few disadvantages to consider:
• One of the drawbacks of Invisalign for teenagers is that the aligners have to be replaced once every two weeks, they can be lost and misplaced if not carefully placed when taking them out, which can be an inconvenience for some teens.
• Also, the technology is still new, and finding an experienced Invisalign dentist or orthodontist in Australia may be difficult.
Should Your Teenager Get Invisalign?
When it comes to teenage dental work, experts consider Invisalign to be an important step toward future progress. These aligners offer clear advantages over regular braces, ensuring improved confidence, comfort, and overall performance. So when it comes to teenage dental work, experts consider Invisalign to be an important step toward future progress. These aligners offer clear advantages over regular braces, ensuring improved confidence, comfort, and overall performance.
So should you consider Invisalign for your teen?
The ultimate answer should be based on sound advice from a professional Invisalign dentist or orthodontist based on a thorough consultation. However, in the case of most deformities for which braces are generally recommended, Invisalign can perform just as well.
To find out more about Invisalign for teenagers or adults, contact our office today to schedule a FREE Smile Assessment.
Dr. Camelia Furlan is practicing dentist, mother, wife, entrepreneur, health educator, life coach and author. Over the past 20 years, Dr Furlan has discovered the many secrets to being successful in all other aspects of life…relationships, health, wealth, and career.
She has been fortunate to participate in coaching, mentoring and education by some of the best known figures in esthetic dentistry, business and life.
Her passion is to help people breakthrough the barriers that prevent them from reaching their fullest potential in life, so that they may experience a life that is amazing, fulfilling and extra-ordinary.
If you’re bothered by your smile or the appearance of your skin and have put off doing something about it, call our office at 08 6244 0089 to schedule a FREE Smile Assessment & Computerized Complexion Analysis* and find out firsthand how our Smile Makeover services and Anti-Wrinkle treatments can help give you a new smile at a price you can afford.