Mt Lawley Dentist Shares How Long Zoom In Chair Teeth Whitening Lasts?
One common question we get at our Mt Lawley dental spa is, How long does Zoom in chair teeth whitening last? In brief, once teeth are whitened internally it is a permanent procedure, however teeth will naturally discoulour as we get older. Other factors such as lifestyle (e.g smoking) and diet (e.g. regular consumption of teeth staining foods and drinks such as blueberries, red wine, coffee, diet sodas and certain juices) will also have an effect how long your results with Zoom will last.
This is why at our Mt Lawley dental office, we have our patients on a post Zoom whitening maintenance routine to keep their smile as bright as could be forever. This maintenance program involves upper and lower custom whitening trays, whitening gels, special toothpastes, Sonicare toothbrush, and tips on how to mazimise your whitening results. We recommend Home whitening touch-ups every 2-3 months (to inquire about our Whitening -4 –Life program, click here or call our office at 862440089).
For a limited time we are running a special discount on Zoom in chair teeth whitening at our Mt Lawley dental clinic location. Visit our listing on Smile Docs® to sign up for this money saving offer and get Zoom in chair teeth whitening for just $500 (a $960 value).
Does Zoom in chair teeth whitening work for brown stains?
Zoom does an excellent job whitening yellow to orange colored teeth. Whether or not it can help the brown stains depends a lot on what type of stains they are.
• Did the teeth develop that way? If so, the brown stain may be more internal and not respond well to whitening. If the teeth developed that way, cosmetic bonding or porcelain veneers may be the only way to remove and/or mask the brown stain.
• Did the brown stain happen over the last several years? If so, it may be more superficial and may respond after a professional cleaning and Zoom whitening.
Regardless of the color of the stain, Zoom whitening is more effective once a patient has had their teeth cleaned to remove the extrinsic stain and tartar.
Tips on how to maximize your results post-Zoom in chair teeth whitening:
• Avoiding highly pigmented foods and beverages
• Switching from coffee to white tea. Black tea and green tea will stain teeth also
• Quitting tobacco use
• Improving dental hygiene (e.g. brushing your teeth more frequently
• Drinking coffee, tea and soda through a straw when possible.
• Switch to a whitening toothpaste can also help to maintain your results.
• Seeing your dentist for regular cleanings will remove some of the stains.
To learn more about our Zoom in chair teeth whitening procedure, click here or visit our listing on Smile Docs® to sign up for our Zoom in chair teeth whitening offer and get Zoom for just $500 (regularly $960).