Get a Great Looking Smile With Invisalign!
Invisalign, the word itself is made out of the combination of the words “Invisible” and “Align” and is a brand of invisible clear aligners that have been developed by Align Technology, the creators of Invisalign, a company that was founded in 1997 in San Jose, California, USA.
Created as an alternative to the conventional metal braces, Invisalign uses a series of clear plastic removable aligners that patients change every 7 to 14 days to slowly move teeth in a sequential pattern until the teeth are straight and nicely aligned.
What makes Invisalign the leader in the market for clear aligners is their technology and their innovative software called ClinCheck. What we love about this software is the ability for the patients to view in a 3D simulation what is possible, what are the options and outcomes before we even get started with treatment.
Why Invisalign and What Are the Benefits of Clear Aligners?
Many adult patients think “I’m too old for braces” not knowing that orthodontic treatment offers more options these days than ever before. In fact nothing is further than the truth…you’re never too old for braces, and the many benefits that Invisalign treatment offers makes it easier for adult patients to proceed with orthodontic treatment.
Many adult patients think “I’m too old for braces” not knowing that orthodontic treatment offers more options these days than ever before. In fact nothing is further than the truth…you’re never too old for braces, and the many benefits that Invisalign treatment offers makes it easier for adult patients to proceed with orthodontic treatment. Weather it’s crowded teeth, gapped teeth, overbite or underbite (see conditions that Invisalign treats blog article) Invisalign can be a great option for adults as an alternative to metal braces. With so many benefits it’s easy to see why Invisalign is becoming so popular for adults who want to get a straighter, more beautiful smile.
Here are some of the benefits:
- Invisalign aligners are clear, invisible and discreet. The clear plastic makes them virtually invisible, so don’t be surprised if your friends and family will not even realize you’re having orthodontic treatment.
- The Invisalign aligners are removable, so playing sports or musical instruments will not be an issue, and you’ll also find there are also no restrictions regarding the diet you can eat, so you won’t need to change your eating habits or lifestyle.
- The Invisalign treatment is Flexible. The ability to change aligners at home makes the treatment more flexible to fit in with your life and lifestyle.
- Many FIFO patients take the aligners with them and have the review visits scheduled when they return back home.
- Going on a holiday? Take the aligners with you, or stay longer in the current aligner if you don’t want to have to worry about changing aligners on holidays.
- Wedding coming up? We can easily remove the attachments for the big day and you can remove the aligners for brief period of time such as photos.
- During Invisalign orthodontic treatment is easier to keep teeth and gums healthier in comparison to the metal braces as you can brush and floss normally. We recommend brushing your teeth prior to inserting your aligners back in your mouth and this aids with the improvement in overall oral health.
- Invisalign treatment is more comfortable as there are no metal brackets or wires to cause mouth irritation
- Invisalign needs fewer appointments. With doctor visits only every four to six weeks Invisalign fits easily into your lifestyle.
- The Invisalign ClinCheck technology allows you to view your own virtual treatment plan before you start so you can see how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete, something that metal braces can not do.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Once a scan of your teeth is done with our Itero scanner the scan will be digitally sent to Align Technology and within 15 minutes, Align Technology will be able to start creating a new ClinCheck specifically for you.
NO MORE gagging Impressions, because at Dentique Dental Spa in Mount Lawley clinic, we can use the digital impression technique with our iTero scanner instead of the trays with the impression material. Not only it is much more comfortable for our patients, but also our patients love the fact that we save at least 10 days of postage that it took for the analogue polysiloxane impressions to reach Align Technology.
Once we received the ClinCheck, our doctor will customize your new smile according to your needs and you will be able to view and discuss your ClinCheck in a consultation, have real input to the final outcome of your treatment prior to even starting.
Once both you and the doctor are happy with the ClinCheck simulation, a series of Invisalign aligners are custom-made, to move your teeth in the sequence determined by our dentist that was visible on your ClinCheck.
The aligners are designed specifically for you, and it will gradually help to correct your teeth. Over the course of treatment, you will be supplied with a series of aligners that move your teeth through the appropriate placement of controlled force. Each Invisalign aligner will make slight adjustments to your tooth position, following the same process that was mapped out for your situation in your ClinCheck.
Invisalign not only controls the force, but also the timing of the force application. During each stage, only certain teeth are allowed to move.
When the aligners are placed on the teeth, they will cause the teeth to gradually move from their current position. For best results, aligners should be worn 22 hours per day, and each aligner should be worn for up to 2 weeks as prescribed by our doctor. To find out how to move 50% faster read Move Towards a Newer Smile Up to 50% Faster* with Invisalign blog.
After approximately one to two weeks, you will begin using the next set of aligners, which will continue the teeth straightening process.
One aligner at a time, for the number of aligners our doctor has prescribed, you will move from crooked or gapped teeth to nicely aligned teeth.
Invisalign Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How much does Invisalign cost and what are the payment options?
A: In most cases, the cost of Invisalign treatment is similar to the cost of braces. Our doctor will determine the cost of your treatment based on how complex your case is and how many aligners you need. The typical price for Invisalign treatment ranges between $2,600 and $9,800. See our Invisalign offer on Smile Deals®. There are several options to make Invisalign treatment more affordable for you, from using your health insurance if you are covered for orthodontics, to using your Superannuation, or arranging a monthly payment plan with our treatment coordinator.
Q: Is Invisalign painful?
A: Most people experience temporary, minor discomfort for a few days at the beginning of each new aligner. This is normal and is typically described as a feeling of pressure. It is a sign that the Invisalign aligners are working, sequentially moving your teeth to their final destination. This discomfort typically goes away a couple of days after you insert the new aligner in the series.
Q: Does Invisalign affect my speech?
Like all orthodontic treatments, aligners may temporarily affect the speech of some people and you may have a slight lisp for a day or two. However, as your tongue gets used to having aligners in your mouth, any lisp or minor speech impediment caused by the aligners should disappear.
Q: Can I drink with aligners still on?
You should remove your aligners to drink anything except water. Leaving aligners on while drinking may stain them and you may risk tooth decay drinking fluids with sugar in them.
Q: Can I whiten my teeth during Invisalign treatment?
A: Depends if you have attachments on the teeth during Invisalign treatment. Do not whiten teeth whilst attachments are still on, because the part of the tooth covered by the attachment will not whiten, and you will end up with uneven whitening.
Q: What happens when I’ve finished my Invisalign treatment?
Anyone who has completed orthodontic treatment, whether with metal braces or with the Invisalign treatment needs to keep the teeth in that new aligned position by using retainers to prevent teeth from gradually shifting back toward their initial misaligned position. There are different types of retainers and you can find out more about different types of retainers here.
Contact Our Office to Schedule Your Free Smile Assessment
If you are ready to take the next step, call 08 6244 0089 and friendly and knowledgeable staff will be happy to schedule your free consultation with Dr. Furlan. You can also use our online appointment form below or visit the contact us page of our website.